Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Working Hard!

Oh my gosh, this is what i walked in on when i went to Gungwe for one of my Bible studies out there. I got out of my car and i looked and there was this woman patching up or sewing up the roof on her neighbor's roof!! I mean duh, i know that if there's a hole or something that you need to fix it, but i guess i thought a man would be up there. I found out that it was the woman's work to build the rondovel (hut), well just about all it. The man puts up the 4 or 5 wood post to support it and the wood to support the roof (which isn't much), but the woman is in charge of making the floor, walls and going out to the fields and cutting the staw and coming back and putting it together to make the roof. Wow, i've got to give it up to these women if i where in charge it would take longer then the usual two weeks and wouldn't like anywhere nice as these!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home