Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saying Good-bye!

Saying good-byes are really important in here, so when i found out for sure that i would be leaving the Northeast i made sure to go out to Gungwe and say good-bye to Simame, or my "grandmother" as she likes to say. I really am going to miss the wide open space of the village and the people and how they really want to know how you are when they ask. I also know that living in the village will help me, as one of my supervisors said, in delevoping new relationships here in the city. Now matter where you go the village is the backbone of this society. Anyway when i went out for the last time we shared a scripture and then i gave her a Bible that i hope some of her family members will read to her. She really is a sweet lady!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home