Saturday, February 12, 2005

Christmas 2004

Well, this was my first Christmas away from home and i really didn't know what to do. I mean i was like in a whirlwind and didn't really know what was going on. At the same time i was sad and missing my family, but then again i was in Africa at Christmas how exciting was that?! It turned out great. I spent Christmas out in Tshesabe village with the Cannady's, a missionary couple, and three college students that really didn't have plans for the holidays. It was really neat we went to a Christmas eve service at the church there in the village that meets in an old red cross building with no lights, but we had candles. Then Faye cook the best Christmas dinner ever!! As Thabo said this is "my [his] first American Christmas in Africa," and in a way it was mine also. It was hard being away from my family and friends, but it made me think a lot more about the holiday then i usually do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home